SmartLog - A simple way to manage your diabetes
SmartLog is a software programme that will help you track and monitor your blood glucose levels through graphs, statistics, and other software tools. SmartLog connects to your CareSens Blood Glucose meter by a cable and then transfers the data from your meter into the programme.
The information generated by SmartLog provides useful and easy to read pictorial views of your blood glucose levels showing trends, patterns, and statistics. This information may be helpful to both you and your healthcare professional to assist and improve the overall management of your diabetes.
SmartLog is available for download on Windows TM and Mac TM operating systems (please refer to system requirements for details). To download readings from CareSens meters, a CareSens USB cable is required. Please click here to order the USB cable.
How to use your SmartLog software
- Step 1: Insert pointed end of USB cable into meter.
- Step 2: Insert larger end into your computer’s USB port.
- Step 3: With the meter connected to the computer, switch on the meter.
Once the letters "PC" appear on the meter screen, the test results can be downloaded to the computer.
Full instructions on how to use SmartLog are in the SmartLog user manual.
A CareSens USB cable is required to link the meter with the USB port on your computer. This is available free. Click here to order.
What you need to get started: System Requirements
- CPU: 500 MHz Intel Pentium III or higher
- RAM: 512 MB or higher
- Minimum free hard disk space: 200 MB
- Windows® XP Home, Professional (SP2 or above), Windows® Vista (32-
- bit/64-bit), Windows® 7 (32-bit/64-bit) or Windows® 8 (32-bit/64-bit)
- MAC OS X 10.8 or later
- USB port
- SmartLog USB cable
- Mouse and Keyboard for data entry and menu selection
- Video monitor and adapter with at least 1024x768 pixel screen resolution and 256 colors
- Printer to print report
- Internet connection to send email