CareLance Lancing Device
Free phone: 1800 114 610
Ergonomically designed, the CareLance lancing device offers seven depth settings to give you greater choice for your skin type. A CareLance lancing device and 50 CareSens lancets are included with every new CareSens meter set.
If you are a current CareSens user requiring a free replacement lancing device, please phone our customer support on 1800 114 610, and have your meter serial number on hand.
Online order limit of two units applies.
How to use your lancets and CareLance
Helpful advice for using lancets:
- Do not share lancets with other people. Lancets are only sterile at the time of first use. Sharing lancets can result in transfer of bacteria and viruses between you and others.
- Store safely out of the reach of children.
- Dispose of your lancets in a sharps container. If you are being treated with insulin, you can dispose of your lancets in the same sharps container you use for your insulin needles and syringes.
- It’s best to use a new, sterile lancet each time you test. Purchasing more lancets is a small price to pay for safety and prevention of infection (additional lancets are available in packs of 100 from pharmacies).
Using your CareLance lancing device:
- Wash hands and fingertip sample site with soap and warm water. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Unscrew and remove the lancing device tip.
- Firmly insert a new lancet into the lancet holder. Hold the lancet firmly. Gently twist to pull off the protective disk. Save disk to recap lancet after use. Replace lancet device tip.
- Turn the adjustable tip until it is aligned with the load confirmation window and release button.
- Select a desired depth of one – to – seven (1-7) on the lancing device’s adjustable tip. Choose a depth by rotating the top portion of the adjustable tip until the setting number matches the arrow.
- To cock the lancing device, hold the body of the lancing device in one hand. Pull the sliding barrel with the other hand. The device is loaded when you feel a click and the load confirmation window turns red.
- Place the device against the pad of the finger. Press the release button. Wait a few seconds for a blood drop to form. Apply the blood sample to the narrow end of the test strip till the meter beeps. See instructions for CareSens N, CareSens N POP, or CareSens N Voice meters and CareSens N Test Strips.
You may also be interested in
CareSens Control Solutions